Frontend Web Developer (Maternity Cover)
We enjoy making the complex simple from our clients. We create websites, campaigns and digital products for professional services clients, arts, fashion, and e-retailers. You’ll be working with an experienced team across a range of clients. You’ll assist with maintaining and developing new functionalities on existing sites and work of new sites where you will take ownership of translating designs into finished products that perform highly. We are proud of our long-term client relationships, and you’ll be helping us maintain them by keeping the websites under our care in good shape.
It is important that you can push and challenge the team’s approach to tasks to ensure that we deliver high quality services to clients. You will work closely with the creative team developing and prototyping ideas. Strong attention to detail and caring about your work is crucial to us. It’s not just about getting a project across the line but setting it up for on-going development and support.
The maternity cover will be for an initial 11-month period although flexibility to extend may be available.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of PHP.
- Ability to translate designs into responsive sites.
- Knowledge of working with CMSs - we use Craft CMS, Craft Commerce and WordPress.
- Good code version control.
- You’ll love consistent naming convention. We mean really love it.
- CSS animation skills to add the polish to sites.
- Demonstrable 5 years’ web development experience.
- Excellent documentation skills to maintain the accuracy and completeness of project documents.
What you’ll do:
- Working on a variety of projects assigned to you, building sites from initial designs to finished, functioning articles. Your output will range from individual templates, to landing pages, complex multipage brochure websites and high performing craft commerce sites.
- Building e-commerce sites on Craft Commerce.
- Client management - Occasionally attending or leading calls with clients to explain technical details, amends or manage delivery timelines.
- Testing websites across browsers and devices to identify and fix any responsive, performance or accessibility based issues that ensure the best user experience for all.
- Participate in the team – attend social (virtual) events, staff training days and champion initiatives that can enrich team.
- Contract length: 11 months
- Expected start date: 27/09/2021
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Salary: £22,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- COVID-19 considerations: We ask colleagues to continue to work from home as we monitor the pandemic situation. Colleagues seeking early return to the office can do so on a 2 days per week basis agreed with your line manager. We ask that you observe social distancing & use masks.
How to apply
Thanks for your interest in joining our team. We have simplified our process to make it quick and easy to apply. Using the form below, send us you:
- A copy of your CV
- A short note telling us why you want to join our team
- A link to your portfolio